goes a long way
“51% of managers believe they do a good job of recognizing employees for work well done, and only 17% of these employees believe their manager does a good job of recognizing them for doing a good job”
There is a big gap in workplace appreciation. In life, and at work, people express and receive appreciation in different ways. If you express appreciation in ways that are not meaningful to your coworkers, then they may not feel valued at all. The issue is that you and your employees are speaking different languages of appreciation.
Research has shown that when people don’t feel valued and appreciated, they seek other employment opportunities, they disengage, and they discourage people around them. The concept of Appreciation in the workplace may seem trivial, yet when everyone involved realizes, understands and applies the concept employees are significantly more engaged, productive, positive and loyal.
Caroline’s training sessions and presentations are based on “The 5 Languages of Appreciation in the Workplace” by Dr. Gary Chapman and Dr. Paul White, which has thus far sold over 400,000 copies. This book is a workplace-specific adaptation of Dr Chapman’s “5 Love Languages”, which itself has sold over 10-million copies globally.
Caroline is a certified trainer and a Premiere Partner with Appreciation in the Workplace and with Dr. White
THERE IS MORE HUNGER FOR LOVE AND APPRECIATION IN THIS WORLD THAN THERE IS FOR BREAD.
— MOTHER TERESA
What you gain
Learning Outcomes and Benefits
- Increased employee engagement;
- Increased productivity;
- More positive work environment and less conflict;
- Enhanced respect and civility;
- Improved customer satisfaction;
- Reduced absenteeism, lower employee turnover and related HR costs.
Learning Topics Include
- The importance of Appreciation in the workplace;
- The differences between Recognition & Appreciation programs;
- The value of the individual vs. focusing on performance, and core conditions for people to feel appreciated;
- Applying the 5 Languages of Appreciation in daily work life, and importance of “hitting the mark”;
- Overcoming obstacles to implementing the 5 Languages of Appreciation;
“Trade your expectation for appreciation
and the world changes for you”
Caroline complements her training sessions and presentations by offering two assessment tools. The first tool will quantify your ROI (Return On Investment) by comparing your Appreciation At Work rating before and after her work with you and your employees. The second tool will generate appreciation profiles for individual employees, along with tailored report and action plans.
Caroline also offers ongoing near-term and long-term support for continuous improvement.
Dr Paul White and Caroline
Wichita, Kansas USA